Monday, February 19, 2007

Fifth Update from Paul

Dear readers and supporters of The Project,

I have just arrived in tiny Arthur's Pass after 3 days of more beautiful weather and vistas high up in the mountains. A great thing about this country is how your feet can take you from the sea to the heart of the mountains in a couple of days. In fact, in New Zealand, one is never far from the ocean or the high peaks in New Zealand.

The village of Arthur's Pass is a convenient and welcome resupplying point after having crossed three high passes, forded a large number of streams and slogged up impressive scree slopes. I will embark on the last third of the cross-island tramp tomorrow. Spirits are good, the body is still functional and the weather has been holding, so I am confident heading into the remaining 500 km.

Thank you all for your support and generosity,
Paul


(photo: Paul at Whitehorn Pass)

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Paul,
I just wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know that I have been following your progress across New Zealand and that I am completely amazed at how fast you have managed to move along your path!! I'll continue to pray that you receive blessings of stregth and endurance!


The Aroka Project is Sponsored and Supported by:







http://earthseasky.co.nz/










Powered By Blogger